THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Class Assignment

I know that a few of you have a problem with the word homework, I will start instead with this, your assignment to be completed by Wednesday April 30th, is to choose one actor, director or playwright from the list below. Every student will be required to turn in a two page paper about the artist that you have choosen. Included in the paper should be, a bit about their background, education and career. Please also tell me why you choose this person and if there is anything historically significant or unique about the artist.

Please choose from the list below - if you have someone in mind that is not on the list just let me know so the name can be added.

Hattie McDaniel * Sidney Poiter * Paul Robeson * Pearl Cleage * August Wilson * Ruby Dee * Suzan Lori-Parks * Amiri Baraka * Wol Soyinka * Langston Hughes * Ntozake Shange * Cheryl West * Lorraine Hansberry * Regina Taylor * Audra MacDonald * Diahann Carrol * Ethel Waters * Harry Belafont * Eartha Kitt * Lena Horne* Bill Bojangles Robinson Alice Childress * LaChanze * Phylica Rashad * August Wilson * Paul Robeson * Sidney Poiter * Lynne Nottage * Angela Bassett * Taye Diggs * MorganFreeman * Samuel L. Jackson * Richard Roundtree * Nia Long * Morris Chestnut * Harold Perrineau * Terrence Howard * Sanaa Lathan * Monica Calhoun * James Earl Jones

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Helo Mrs.Cjala its me LeAndre and I wanted to tell you that I'am still looking up a biography on Morris Chestnut. I have found a biography about him on wikipedia.com. Its giving me magure results. So I should have it done in a matter of weeks. See you later.